2008-12-23

hella hyphy ho ho ho humbug

Here's a hella huge holiday update.

Unfortunately I missed Holidays Around the World (I'm sure MABAND was great) and the CAMS Alumcheon (I'm sure nobody would've remembered me anyway) because I was on a road trip with a bunch of nerds going to San Francisco for a Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament, the West Coast Smash League. The car ride was long and obnoxious, and the tournament was pretty whack too. I didn't even make it out of pools because I had DSF, arguably the best Metaknight in the West Coast for some time, and someone else who had plenty of Samus practice with one of the nation's best Samuses. Whatever.

I'm really glad that I didn't stay in SF and play Brawl all weekend. I got there Friday at around 1 and was picked up by a friend I hadn't seen since my last Norcal tourney in 2003. That weekend I was an honorary member of the Atienza family, along with Adelbert (aka Adel) and his kuyas Norbert and Robert. I guess I got to be Nardbert.

My three kuyas took me out to "the city" as they call it. We walked to Union Square and through the Metreon and stuff. Here are some pics of the city, courtesy of Kuya Robert:

The thing we parked in front of.





Avatar Bernard: the Gender Bender. This was the first legitimate time I had a non-nerdy use for my flashlight!



Then we bounced to J-town for some food. I got katsu curry from Tanpopo and some awesome banana, nutella, whip cream, vanilla ice cream crepe afterwards:





Oh, and on the way out of the J-town parking structure, I saw this picture:


Looks legit, right?



C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!



This was all on Friday night. Saturday came, and Adel and I went to the tournament at SFSU. It was lame, w/e. Then we got Thai BBQ and went back to his house and chilled. When I woke up, Adel dragged me to my first house party, let alone a NorCal one. There were hella short pinays drinking stuff. I recall there was a girl who always had an alcoholic beverage in her hand, walked a little tipsy on purpose so that boys would take advantage of her. She succeeded in that regard. I managed to maintain my moral fiber and did not drink or smoke or whatever.

The next morning, I went with the Atienzas to church. The girl in front of me was really cute, she was wearing a black peacoat, grey skinny jeans, and black boots. She was hella into the mass, reading from her bible, singing along and everything. After mass, I went with the Atienzas to a Filipino Christmas party. That was pretty weird. Then I hit up Self Edge, and unfortunately nobody I knew was there. Clay was there, and he was wearing the same thing as me -- SExFH05BKs and Clarks Desert Boots. He seemed kinda annoyed with me when I asked to see a pair of jeans that didn't exist yet...





Later that night, I packed up and hit up Serramonte, a mall in Daly City. I basically managed to amble through a poorly lit, strangely odored Hollister store. We'll skip the ride back home because it was awfully grimy.

CHRISTMAS ZOMG

Here's what I got for Christmas. It's basically a mix of lame basics/jawnz, HSM3 merch, and arab money:


3D Madness


Necklace pens to write pretend love letters to Tro--er, Gabriella on...


These memo sheets...


Stripper Status Gabriella. On some Nintendo Sixty-FOUUUUUURRRRR tip.


Stickers to tag up my dorm, poster for my dorm room...


For people to leave nasty remarks about me on my dorm door...


New wallet, will see wear with my new jeans next year :]


Gettin' Arab Money

And here are clothes from Ever. I apologize for my belly, I've seemed to have gained weight from almond rocas and cheese rolls, lol:

Photobucket

White zip up

Photobucket
Grey cardi

Photobucket
OD Green buttonup

Photobucket
Khaki and grey jacket, nice collar detail and pockets

Photobucket
Same as first jacket but in grey

Photobucket
Glorified Homelesswear by Gap in dark grey.

Dark grey, or "light black", as a special friend of mine who I hadn't talked to for a long time decided to call it. :} Clothes and money and HSM are great and all, but renewing a friendship is really more than what I could ask for.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I just want to let you know that I really do appreciate your little jokes. Like, "Gender Bender."
Miss you :].

mochilato said...

there's almost always the "ho of the party" who gets around to every guy because she's half gone and every dick in the place wants to take advantage of that.

i heard norcal kids cant throw parties like we do down here because they get rolled easily. nevertheless, i'm proud of you for abstaining.

mochilato said...

btw i miss you too