2008-12-17

CAMS BRAWL LOSER, HUH?

I have good news!!

Race's VI: Mark of the Millennium

I placed 17th out of 87 entrants at Race's tournament last Saturday.
I went 1-2 with Ajax, SoCal's 9th ranked player, a very good Snake. I was able to easily control him in the first match. He needed coaching from someone else in his crew throughout the matches, but he eventually came out on top. I was sent to the loser's bracket. After eliminating 2 other competitors..
I eliminated LeePuff, SoCal's 4th ranked player, a Mr. Game & Watch main, from the loser's bracket. He decided to go Wolf in the first round. I almost lost but pulled a clutch as hell spike on the final stock for an early lead. In the last match of the set, we were both at fatally high percents, but I managed to stop his approach with a missile cancel to dtilt for the KO.
I also eliminated CPU, the guy who won EVO2k8 against Ken, the undisputed King of Smash from the loser's bracket with another clutch comeback in the last set. After being gimped at 20% in my first stock, I played it smart and punished his ROB almost frame perfectly and made sure he couldn't recover.


Here's the bracket: Click

I tied in placement with some really great players, perhaps the best DK, Pokemon Trainer and Zero Suit Samus I've seen.

I went pink Samus 100% of the way! I'm very proud of my performance at my first major tournament.

:]

No comments: